Sunday, December 5, 2010

Thanksgiving Recap and Cornbread Stuffing

 Thanksgiving Day was awesome!
 
I have finally recovered from the Thanksgiving indulgences, pies, cakes, turkey (lots of it), ham, and stuffing. It was a wonderful day. I learned how to make my first Turkey. I have to say (not boasting) that it actually was a beautiful golden bird. My mom taught me how to make this beauty.


The stuffing, which was baked with turkey, was yummy.


Here is the recipe:


Ingredients:


1 8x8 pan of cornbread (see my recipe for cornbread muffins), cubed
1/4 loaf whole wheat bread, cubed
1/2 head of garlic, minced
1.5 bunches of celery, diced
1 onion, diced
2 cups low-sodium beef stock
1/2 cup dried mushrooms, rehydrated (I used a wild mushroom mix from Chile but cremini mushrooms or porcini will work well)
1/4 cup dried cherries or dried fruit


Recipe:


(1) Cube the cornbread and toast in the oven at 400 degrees for 15 min (until brown).
(2) Mix with the remaining ingredients.
(3) Add the beef stock and toss to combine.
(4) Then bake in a oven-proof pan for 45 min - 1 hr at 350 degrees or stuff in the turkey for the 4 hour cook time.


Enjoy the deliciousness. Make extra as this is a hit.

2 comments:

  1. That is a nice looking bird Georgette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lani....I definitely feel more comfortable roasting meat. Who knew you could just put it in the oven, forget about it for a few hours, then surprise, golden brown & tasty.

    ReplyDelete